The Association of Corporate Executive Coaches has created the Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) credential as a means to independently verify that applicants have met professional coaching competency standards established by ACEC and subject matter experts. These standards reflect the common knowledge, skills, and abilities of a professional corporate executive coach.
The certification of the Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) is a mark of quality. It demonstrates to the business world that you as a professional coach have:
- Achieved academic and professional proficiency
- Obtained experience in the field of coaching working with senior level clients
- Been recognized as a fellow professional colleague
- Respect and are in support of an enforceable ethics code
- Committed to continuing education
- Attained mastery of assessments in the field of executive coaching
- The interpersonal skills to work with colleagues towards a common goal
- A belief in giving back to the community through volunteerism
- Evidence of coaching success
- Evidence of sharing your knowledge through various media
- Obtained experience being responsible for the profitability of an organization (other than your own) and the management of the bottom line
The achievement of the Master Certified Corporate Executive Coach credential solidifies the professional identity of the coach. The MCEC credential is attractive to professionals who would like to provide independent third-party verification that they have achieved certain coaching competency standards.
For specific details regarding membership in the Association of Corporate Executive Coaches (ACEC) and MCEC certification please visit: https://acec-association.org/membership-requirements/